Few Case Laws where Husband Granted Divorce on the ground of Mental Cruelty by wife:
1. Allegation of extramarital relationship, publication of notice in news paper, false allegations of dowry harassment by wife- Divorce granted to husband by Supreme Court of India [Vishwanath Agrawal versus Sarla Agrawal, AIR 2012 SC 2586. In this case Supreme Court examined the whole spectrum of cruelty and its earlier decisions. On an analysis of the facts the husband was granted a divorce.
2. Wife a career oriented lady, unwilling to stay with her husband, and also communicating by letters that she had lost interest in marriage- Husband entitled for divorce [Suman Kapoor versus Sudhir Kapoor, AIR 2009 SC 589].
3. Wife informing husband on night of marriage that she would elope with ex-fiancé- age also concealed- husband entitled to divorce- Vimla versus Tarun, AIR 2007 Raj 101].
4. Threatening suicide, false complaints, news items- Impossible for husband to live with wife- Divorce granted to Husband [Mamta Shrivastava versus Taresh Kumar Shrivastava, AIR 2009 Chh 47].
5. Wife leaving husband and a child two months old- refusal to return- Divorce granted to husband [Gurcharan Singh versus Sukhdeo Kaur, AIR 1979 P & H 98].
6. Wife not permitting the husband for conjugal rights is cruelty- Divorce granted to Husband [Shashi Kumar versus Neelam, AIR 2011 HP 1 (SB)].
7. Unfounded allegation of illicit relationship in reply to notice and in written statement – Husband entitled for divorce [ Shobha Lomte versus Mhatardev Lomte, AIR 2009 Bom 160].